One of my friends who opened up his mission call a while ago. I edited the perspectives together a while ago as well, but I feel like this should be shared because he is now in the MTC. (Number 4 of 6!)
So, there are a lot of things you might not understand coming from outside of our little group, so I’ll try to explain:
- Denver South is outrageous because we live in Denver North. The day listed on the call was earlier in the week, thus implying that he had missed the date.
- What’s with the bread parallels? His signature joke he says ALL THE TIME is “Why did the plane crash?” “Because the pilot was bread.”
- The person he sent on multiple scavenger hunts was another girl named Hannah, and this was his go-to method for asking her on dates.
- 3:39 “Did you notice he was smiling the entire time?” He’s well known for always being happy. This was pointed out when he was grinning while he sorrowfully said to his mom that the bananas went bad and they needed more. I’ve even seen him smiling while he was choking on a hamburger.
- 4:37 The penguins are in reference to when Hannah would spam his Facebook wall with the penguin emoticons.
- Breadfast (Breakfast) Time is in reference to Adventure Time, the only thing we have figured out that really bugs him.
- 13:33 The guy in the red was originally called to the same mission (except Spanish speaking) but he was moved to San Fernando. That’s why that call was pretty insane.
- Kyle is his older brother, that’s why leaving at the same time was a big deal as well.
So yeah. I was in Utah when this happened, and I wish I could have seen it all in person. But, this video is pretty great as well. Thought you guys might enjoy a silly mission call opening!